Dancity and Dance Mobile LLC (“we” or “us”) are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If you provide us with personal information through Dancity, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- 1) Dancity.com
- 2) Dancity mobile application
1. Information we collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you choose to give us.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
- Registration and Profile Information: your name, email address, home address, location, phone number, gender, age, photo, payment information, personal bio, etc.
- User Testimonials and Photos: you may choose to provide us with user testimonials and product reviews, including photos that you submit to us. This information may be made public to users of the Services.
- Additional Information: any other information that you provide us with, including through feedback, messages, emails, requests for referrals, answers to surveys or questionnaires that you may submit.
Information collected automatically:
- Product Usage Information: we may collect your location through GPS, Wi-Fi, or cellular networks. We collect certain information about your mobile device and the operation of the App such as mobile device ID, device type, operating system, mobile service carrier or other identifiers.
- Website Use Information: we may collect certain information from your computer or other devices you use to connect to Internet through technologies like cookies, pixels, web beacons, log files, or other third-party analytics applications such as Google Analytics. The information we gather through the use of tracking utilities may include, but is not limited to, IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages and URLs, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, interaction with links on the Services, page views and other such information.
- Social Media Widgets: our Services include social media features connected with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, Pinterest, YouTube and others. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our Services, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Services. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
2. How we use your information
The information we collect enables us to communicate with you, improve functionality of our product and enhance the content on the Services. We use this information in several ways:
- To register and service your account;
- To remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services or the App;
- To provide personalized content and customize user experience;
- To develop and test new features;
- To audit, research and analyze the data in order to improve our product;
- To respond to your questions and provide support;
- For future marketing promotions, including advertisements tailored to your interests.
3. How we share information
We will not rent, sell or disclose our user’s personal information to any third party, except for the following:
- With Your Consent: we may share your personal information when you allow us to do so.
- Service Providers: we may share personal and non-personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf. Such service providers need the information about you in order to perform their functions and may include accounting, technical, marketing, survey, data analytic, or other services on behalf of Dancity. Such business partners will be given access to your information as is necessary to provide under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- Mailing List Information: you may choose to submit your email address via a submission form located on our Website. Your email address may be used to send you news about Dancity products or promotions. We may use one or more service providers to administer these messages, but we do not share your email address with spammers or any other third parties without your permission.
- Business Transitions: we may disclose or transfer any information collected through our Services to another organization if we sell all or a portion of our business (e.g. in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions or similar transactions or proceedings).
- Aggregated Data: we may aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
- For Legal Reasons: we may provide personal information to a third party if we are required to do so by law (e.g. in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary in connection with an investigation of illegal activity).
4. How we store and protect information
Dancity and our service providers use a variety of procedural, technical, and physical measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure and accidental loss or destruction. These security measures include using HTTPS, TLS/SSL protocol. The data is stored using Amazon’s S3 cloud service. However, no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect personal information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Services. If you have reason to believe that your personal information has been compromised, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below.
5. What are your choices about your information
- You may always choose not to submit personal information through the Services. However, this may limit your access to product and Services functionality.
- You may permit other users to see your information. You may do this by adding them as friends in the Dancity application.
- You can update your profile anytime by logging in and changing your settings. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may terminate or deactivate your account. In this case Dancity or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- You may opt out from receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such email messages. However, please note, we may still send you service-related communications (e.g., account verification, contact notification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the product, technical and security notices).
- If you prefer, you may choose to set your browser to remove and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services.
- Please note, depending on your type of device or browser, it may not be possible to delete or disable all tracking mechanisms on your device. Some browsers have a “do not track” setting that allows you to tell sites that you do not want to be tracked. At this time, our Services do not treat browsers that send a “do not track” signal differently from browsers that do not send one.
6. Children’s privacy
Children under 13 are not eligible to use the Services. Dancity does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Services.
8. How to contact us
Last Updated: 14 November 2018